Sales Development Representative (Scientific Sales)
Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: All levels will be considered
Education: College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree Preferably in Science and/or Marketing/Business
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate and coachable individual who has a desire to be part of a rapidly growing biotech company. We are looking for an energetic and driven sales development representative to help ramp up sales of our instruments. Our ideal candidate has a combined science and business background and 1-3 years of experience in a sales or customer service role. Our ideal candidate will have experience selling a technical, scientific piece of equipment to academic labs, government labs, and businesses, but candidates with all levels of experience will be considered.
Who you are:
You love a challenge and you’re a life-long learner. You want to provide researchers with tools that will make research simple for them and help them get the data they need to make a difference in the world. You love stepping out of the comfort zone while also keeping track of your day-to-day tasks. You want to be a part of a thriving small team and you have great communication skills. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging problems. You’re a quick learner and you know when to move on from something when it isn’t working. You are looking to grow your career at an exciting biotech company!
- Work with your territory’s Account Executive and Field Application Scientist to achieve quarterly and yearly sales quota
- Use lead generation tools to research and build new accounts (i.e .sending emails, strategic calling, LinkedIn)
- Find new prospects
- Contact the prospects over email and phone
- Schedule meetings with the prospect, and your team
- Aid with the qualification process
- Follow up with inbound requests from researchers looking to learn more about Nicoya’s products
- Understand our customers' research and apply SPR to their unique research area
- Manage and update the CRM database
- Continuously innovate the sales process to be at the forefront of sales, business and technology
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Able to operate with minimal direction and supervision
- Hard working, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Formal training in science, biotechnology, life sciences, chemistry, materials science, or related fields
- Previous experience in an academic or industrial research or development setting
- Previous experience in a sales role for scientific instruments or other technical products is a bonus
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
Nicoya’s mission is to improve human life by helping scientists succeed. We want to extend human life by enabling a deeper knowledge of the biological world. We are based in Kitchener, Ontario - Canada's Silicon Valley. Nicoya offers a suite of scientific instruments for the biotechnology research and development industry. It provides detailed information on molecular interactions using optical nanosensor technology known as localized surface plasmon resonance. Our new, cutting edge Alto product line utilizes a combination of digital microfluidics (DMF), Nanoplasmonic Biosensors and Cloud based software to offer industry leading sensitivity and flexibility to the SPR market.
Nicoya is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
In your application, please include your resume along with a cover letter. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.